So yea, I'll explain the title of this one in a minute. Hehe.
I was on my fall break this week. So, monday I left to go see my favorite sister. I had some fun there. I got there until 9. Woo. But, I had fun. I got to play SUper Smash Brothers on the Wii. Very fun. We left the next day, and i got to see Mrs. Teresa. She's doing much better! Then I left and headed home with Kay and George.
Bright and early on Wednesday, i had band practice. Oh, joy. I thought I was going to die. But it was worth it. (Still getting to the title's explanation) Not much to say about the practice. We worked. Long and hard. But, I did have to drive the four-wheeler to practice and back since Mom and Dad were still in Nashville. ;)
I went back to school Thursday. (I'm still trying to understand why we have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off one week, then Thursday and Friday off the next) I don't have CMS anymore. Now, I have keyboarding with Mrs. Ratliff. It was interesting the first day. A girl in my class named Callie Horton had a seizure. Scared the CRAP out of me. I talked to her later that day though, and she was doing fine. There wasn't anything special about Algebra and Biology that day. But Band was torture. That was the day we practiced until 5, and it just so happened that it was freezing and rainy. You would expect us to go insode... Nope. Not Foret. We were out there the whole time, and I froze my butt off. I started off with a jacket, but then I saw Emily Pitts, and she just looked miserable, so I gave it to her. Soo there i was, out in the freezing cold and rain, with jeans and a plain white T-shirt. Oh my goodness.
Friday. Nothing important during school. AFTER SCHOOL was where it was at. We had a game, and i decided to stay at school instead of going home. So yeah, the band owned at that game. (STILL not to the title yet)
Saturday-A day to sleep in and be lazy all day. Not for band kids. The drumline had to get there and practice at 8 in the morning with Mr. Jeff. Even though it was early and we were all tired, the practice was good for us. We practiced from 8-11, got on the bus to go to a competition. Yeah, we practiced on the bus too from 12-1:30. Then we practiced from 2:30 to 3:15, and performed at 3:30. (NOW getting to the title) Yeah, we owned!!! First place percussion, band, field commander, and color guard in our class. Overall, we also got first place percussion, band, field commander, and color guard. We also got the High Marching Award and the Best Soloist Award for Molly Whitley. (She had the trumpet solo in the second and fourth song) And, finally, we got GRAND CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! WE WON THE PUNCH BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!
So yeah, that was my week. Pretty exciting.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment